Unanswered: UPDATE statement in stored proc will not accept WHERE MemberID = @MemberID

Hey All,

I Have the following query...

Code:
    set ANSI_NULLS ON
    set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    go

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[DRL_UD_ActivateMember]

@MemberID INT, @AsmID INT, @RetailGroup INT, @SecurityQuestionText VARCHAR(200), @SecutiryQuestionAnswer VARCHAR(50), @FirstName VARCHAR(30), @Surname VARCHAR(30),
    	@Email VARCHAR(75), @Mobile VARCHAR(20), @Gender VARCHAR(50), @DOBDay INT, @DOBMonth INT, @DOBYear INT, @HomeLine1 VARCHAR(100), @HomeLine2 VARCHAR(100),
    	@HomeSuburb VARCHAR(50), @HomeState VARCHAR(50), @HomePostcode VARCHAR(10), @HomeCountry VARCHAR(50), @WorkLine1 VARCHAR(100), @WorkLine2 VARCHAR(100),
    	@WorkSuburb VARCHAR(50), @WorkState VARCHAR(50), @WorkPostcode VARCHAR(10), @WorkCountry VARCHAR(50), @WorkPhone VARCHAR(20), @AgreeTerms BIT, @IsSubscribed BIT,
    	@DateActivated DATETIME

AS
    BEGIN

UPDATE DRL_Members

SET AsmID = @AsmID, RetailGroupID = @RetailGroup, SecurityQuestionText = @SecurityQuestionText, SecurityQuestionAnswer = @SecutiryQuestionAnswer, 
    	Firstname = @FirstName, Surname = @Surname,	Email = @Email, Mobile = @Mobile, Gender = @Gender, DOBDay = @DOBDay, DOBMonth = @DOBMonth, DOBYear = @DOBYear, 
    	HomeLine1 = @HomeLine1, HomeLine2 = @HomeLine2,	HomeSuburb = @HomeSuburb, HomeState = @HomeState, HomePostcode = @HomePostcode, HomeCountry = @HomeCountry, 
    	WorkLine1 = @WorkLine1, WorkLine2 = @WorkLine2,	WorkSuburb = @WorkSuburb, WorkState = @WorkState, WorkPostcode = @WorkPostcode, WorkCountry = @WorkCountry, 
    	WorkPhone = @WorkPhone, AgreeTerms = @AgreeTerms, IsSubscribed = @IsSubscribed,	DateActivated = @DateActivated

WHERE MemberID = @MemberID

END
    GO
    However the stored proc does not update the table...

When I change the query string to be WHERE MemberID = 123456 the query runs fine (there is a member 123456 in the db)
    when i try to execute the exact same data in the prob, but have @MemberID set to 123456 the query executes, but failes to update that row.

I am just wondering if there is a specific reason for this?

CHeers,
    Justin

Can you show the code you use to execute please?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 10
    How are you executing the proc?
    Are you certain that member id is being passed?
    Is the datatype for DRL_Members.MemberID the same as that of @MemberID?
    George
    Home | Blog

I am unable to show you the code that actually executes the query, as that is in a seperate DLL file for executing stored procs...

using SQL Server Profiler I was able to determin that the stored procedure was being called correctly, with @MemberID = 123456...

And even when right clicking on the stored proc in Management studio, and going execute, populating valid properties it still ignores the @MemberID parameter, yet when I alter the proc to be WHERE MemberID = 123456 and reexecute that in management studio, the table is updated...

You can call using T-SQL:
    Code:
    EXEC dbo.DRL_UD_TestMember @MemberID = 12345
    Code:
    ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[DRL_UD_TestMember]

@MemberID INT

AS
    BEGIN

SELECT * FROM DRL_Members
        WHERE MemberID = @MemberID

END
    GO
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 54
    Just out of curiousity, using SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) try to execute:
    Code:
    SELECT *
       FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
       WHERE  'DRL_Members' = TABLE_NAME
    What are the results?

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Just out of curiousity, using SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) try to execute:
    Code:
    SELECT *
       FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
       WHERE  'DRL_Members' = TABLE_NAME
    What are the results?

-PatP
    Here are the results of that query:

Table_catalog -> Rewards (My database name)
    table_scheme -> dbo
    table_name -> DRL_Members
    table_type -> BASE TABLE

so all that appears correct...