Thread: Query Question

Unanswered: Query Question

I have two tables from which i need to call upon records:

In my "PurchaseOrders" table i would like to be able to display the "po_number" field along with the "qty" field.

In a second table, "rollouts" that is joined to the "PurchseOrders" table by "po_number"

I would like to be able to show the COUNT of records grouped by "po_number" so that essentially i can generate a report comparing the number of times a "po_number" shows up in the "rollouts" table to the numerical value in the "qty" field of the "PurchseOrders" table

Thanks!:

Provided Answers: 59
    and what have you tried so far?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

On the Rollouts table that matches the Purchase orders query, you should be able to run a count (sigma button that looks like an E) on the po_number. Just bring the po_number down twice and run the count on the second one. This will show you how many times the po_number in the Rollouts appeared in the PurchaseOrders. If you want to compare the count to the qty, just bring in your count query and your PurchaseOrder table together in a query and join the po_number.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. If not, please give some more details.
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later