Question Unanswered: Oracle Apps not working with IE7

I recently upgraded from IE6 to IE7 because IE6 is just old and now when I try to go into Oracle (11.5.10) it makes the browser window disappear. I have XP SP 3 and JInitiator 1.3.1.18 and according to Oracle it is supported but I don't know what to do to make it work. I saw this on metalink:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is certified as a client browser on Windows XP SP2 & Windows XP SP3 with the following minimum requirements;

Oracle Applications patch 10 (11.5.10)
    Oracle Developer 6i patchset 18 (6.0.8.27.x) or later (Metalink Note 125767.1)
    Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 4 (RUP 4) (patch 4676589) or later

Does that mean I have to apply a patch to use IE7? It's not an option. Any ideas?

If you can't patch up to Oracle minimum certified technology levels, I would suggest you use IE6 instead of IE7. I know that answer sucks, but you have to decide if you want your applications to work properly, or if you want to use IE7 just because, in your words, "... IE6 is just old." I still use IE6 at work because, even though it's "old", it is solid and works with all of my enterprise applications.

At home, well, that's a different story ......

Okay thank you, I didn't know if a patch was really needed or if there was anything else I could do...and truthfully, I didn't get IE7 just because 6 is old - 7 is more sercure and overall (IMO) a better browser.

By the way, your problem is the JInitiator. Change your forms environment to use Sun JRE instead. This will prevent the crash.

Caveat though.... Oracle Forms has bug in combo box used with Sun JRE 6 (I think it is). The form crashes if you have a combo box and use Sun JRE 6 instead of JInitiator. We decided to live without the combo box.