Unanswered: DB2 connection in excel 2003

Hi,

I'm using DB2 UDB v8 on a windows server 2003.

I would like to do some query in excel to retrieve datas stored in the DB, so i will do some work on those datas.

How can i connect my excel file to this DB ? is there some tutorial to do the connection on a DB2 in a windows server 2003 ?

Thanks

Make sure an IBM ODBC DB2 driver is installed on the Excel host, with a datasource for the concerning database configured. In MSQuery make a connection with that datasource et voila.

Regards
    Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Tyveleyn
    Make sure an IBM ODBC DB2 driver is installed on the Excel host, with a datasource for the concerning database configured. In MSQuery make a connection with that datasource et voila.

Regards
    Hans
    Thanks,

But i don't find any IBM DB2 driver for the version 8.1 of DB2 UDB.

Furthermore, my excel file will only work where the odbc driver is installed ? :/

First: yep, MSQuery can only connect to locally installed User- or System-DSNes as far as I know.

Second: install the DB2 connect package from the DB2 UDB install CD on the machine that hosts XL. If you don't have the CD at hand I think you can download the package from here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21256235

Hans

500Mo the DB2 Run-Time Client Lite V8 which contains the ODBC driver ...

With my work connection it will take all the day

Is there no other way to get the ODBC driver for DB2 v8 ?

edit: ok i found one with 60Mo
    Last edited by Celos; 10-30-08 at 07:36.

Well i don't find the ODBC driver after having installed this client lite.

Hi, you shouldn't install the Run-time client (although it might be installed implicitly with other products, wouldn't know about that) but the "DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition", available here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21256059

After installation the driver should be visible in the list when adding a new datasource in ODBC Administrator. Good luck.