Unanswered: Average start time - using filter

I need to work out the average start time for the field labelled ‘Time Porter Sent’ by theatre (Theatre Code)

On a single day each theatre would have a number of operations. I need to work out the start time for the first operation and use that to work out the average by theatre.

Can I filter it by the field labelled ‘Type’ – this field tells you if it was a All Day, AM or PM session. If I don’t filter for this field then my result will not be right.

Can this be done in excel or do I have to do it in Access.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I've copied some fields onto a new sheet and used the Data-->Subtotal command to get the average for each break in date.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hi mate, thanks for that, just wondering you created that sheets. with all the plus (+) and minus (-)???

I just need to view it by Theatre and the average time for 'Time Porter Sent'

Provided Answers: 2
    I'm not sure what you're asking now. The sheet that I added uses standard Excel functionality to calculate totals of numeric values at each break in one or more labels that apply to the values.
    In this case, every time there's a change in either date or theatre, the average of "Time Porter Sent" is calculated and displayed underneath the values that it summarises. Thus, on 2nd June for theatre AT10, the average time that the porter was sent is 11:31:45.