Unanswered: Database Analysis Tool

Not sure if anyone wants to try this out - I have a PHP web page that examines a MySQL database and prints a report showing "bad" indexes, inconsistent field definitions, duplicate rows etc etc. For a bit of fun it gives an overall score for your database.

It's still very much beta but if anyone would like to try it out then feel free to try it out.

Of course if anyone has any useful suggestions to improve the reporting or has any feedback from using it then I'll try and improve the program and it's analysis.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails check_db.gif  

Well I've now produced a simple demo that you can try out.

It shows the following info :
    • It checks your indexing
    • It checks for primary and foreign keys
    • It ensures standard field definitions
    • It checks for naming standards
    • It reports any duplicate records
    • It reports on any unrequired tables

If anyone has any ideas for other checks then I'll put them in. It's quite easy to set up on your own system and I wouldn't mind some feedback if anyone has the time to try it out. You can get the program from here. An overall score is given to your database but it's really there for a bit of fun.

The report takes between a few seconds and a minute to run. It will create a few tables (each starting chkdb_) at the start of the run and drop them at the end. If the report produces any errors then it would be helpful to know what version of MySQL and PHP you're running.