where can i have question about database security? (new member)

Is this any section related with database security or data transaction security in this forum? If yes, please tell me about it. if no, please share me any very active forum or community talking for database related security?

The data transaction security includes security during the data transmission between the server and client.
    I've just wanted to know about the what the security used in the two tier model during the data transaction.
    Last edited by securedatabase; 11-01-08 at 11:26.

Do you mean something general to RDBMSs or specific to a particular RDBMS platform?
    What do you mean by "transaction security"?
    Is this all theoretical (perhaps for a course), or practical to apply to a specific, professional problem?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

The data transaction security is related with data transmission security during the data transmission between the server and client.
    Last edited by securedatabase; 11-01-08 at 11:45.

The data transaction security includes security during the data transmission between the server and client.
    I've just wanted to know about the what the security used in the two tier model during the data transaction.
    Generally, securing the transmission of data is based on some sort of Diffie-Helman key exchange to prevent spoofing, and some sort of symmetric encryption to prevent eavesdropping. But because most security questions are specific to the brand of DBMS, you'd want a DBMS specific forum.

Quote Originally Posted by securedatabase
    The data transaction security is related with data transmission security during the data transmission between the server and client.
    That is correct, as far as it goes. If you want specific answers, you'll have to give a specific database engine and client application. If you want broad generalities, we can spout knowledgably about at least a dozen quite different configurations.

If you are trying to find an answer about a business problem for a peer review we'll answer one way. If you are trying to find a theoretical answer to impress your teacher then we'll answer very differently. If you need another kind of answer, you'll need to ask a much more specific question.

From the high level point of view... A transaction may or may not require security. If it requires security, it may or may not include any of the components associated with security. The connection might or might not include authetication. It could include scope limits. It might include third party confirmation. It probably will include encryption. There is a chance that it might include out-of-band confirmation of several types. It can include transcription and/or registration confirmation.

There are a lot of options and issues as you get more detailed.

-PatP

Mobile database security transmission.

This is very necessary to me know what kind of the security mechanism or secure method is used to protect data transmission over the certain data transaction models such as two, three and multiple-tier, kangaroo, and pro-motion. If someone knows about this, please share about your expierence or about what resource is possible to see about them.
    Last edited by securedatabase; 11-12-08 at 09:32.

Google is your friend.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com