Cool delete

delete this whenever you want
    Last edited by PaulCky411; 11-03-08 at 11:08.

You thought wrong.

You haven't even read your assignment before posting on here? I've half a mind to lock this now.

DON'T expect your homework done for you. Demonstrate substantial effort on your part and you will get some nudging. Anything less and you'll get nothing.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

As pootle has stated, show effort. This is a livelihood, not a game or GPA enhancer. Freely helping someone who has shown little or, in this case, no effort benefits no one and will be usually met with scorn or lack of assistance (or BOTH!). You'll thank us in the long run if you show your effort, ask for help where necessary and then apply any suggestions to your work. To blatantly ask for us to do YOUR homework is unaccepateble and unprofessional (and, IMO, unethical as most of your fellow students are probably making an HONEST effort first!). I say "lock this thread and OFF with his head"!! JK - but definitely a subject that really ticks me off.

sounds fair, just thought i was doing myself some good by asking people who knew what they were talking about, i just wanted to get a head start on it by posting, i'll delete it myself

Hey Paul,
    No need to delete, just give yourself a head start and begin working on it now, then when you've done what you can you can pick this thread back up.
    George
    Home | Blog

Ok, well I started messing around with this after READING it and I concluded the following...

but first off, I will explain the instructions since I deleted them the other day...

I've attached the pages from the book that you need in order to do the assignment

On page 492, figure 14.1 there is a flat-file database for customer orders. Create a normalized relational database to hold this data. Turn in your list of tables with the fields you would have in each of them. You need to mark the keys for your tables.

the question is, am i on the right track? if not, can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

STORE

auto number

store number

People

manager id number

manager first name

manager last name

assistant manager id number

assistant manager first name

assistant manager last name

STORE CONTACT NUMBER

autonumber

phone number

Employees
    store number id
    employee id
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    Hey Paul,
    No need to delete, just give yourself a head start and begin working on it now, then when you've done what you can you can pick this thread back up.
    Thank you georgev for being a nice person.

I'll bite on what you've presented so far. Anyway, group related information and avoid redundancy (normalization). I'll go with the assumption that store number is unique so we'll drop the autonumber.

Store
    Storenumber - primary key
    Address
    City
    StateCode - foreign key for StateTable
    Zip
    Phone
    and any additional STORE identity-related items

People (personally, I'd call it employees, but that's just ME)
    Storenumber - primary key this plus.....
    EmployeeID - primary key ....this should be unique
    FirstName
    LastName
    JobType - foreign key for JobTypeTable
    and any additional PEOPLE related items

StateTable
    StateCode - primary key
    StateName

JobTypeTable
    JobType - Primary Key
    JobTitle
    data wiould be something like M and Manager, A andAssistant Manager, B and Bagger, C and Cashier, etc.

I am not going to provide any direction for the flat file design until an effort is attempted by you first. I suggest you read up on normalization and relational databases. It's not rocket science but it does take practice, and effort. Keep working at it and it'll become clearer. HTH

i actually don't have to make a flat file design... i have to make the database based on the info given in the flat file design and what i have now is pretty much all that i think is necessary to complete the assignment, i asked the instructor about some other stuff and he helped me a little w/ other stuff but basically i get the gist of it now

thank you tosscrosby for your help, i appreciate it a lot