Unanswered: User Forms & Setting Focus

I have a User form that has a TextBox on, within that the user will input a date. I have an AfterUpdate routine on the TextBox to check the format of how the date has been input.

My problem is that if the date isnt in the correct format I want after the MsgBox to set focus on the the TextBox again but it doesnt like to do that and always goes onto the next TextBox.

How can I get around this?

Code:
    Private Sub txtDateSource1_AfterUpdate()
        If Me.txtDateSource1 <> Format(Me.txtDateSource1, "dd/mm/yy") Then
            MsgBox "You must input the Order Date as dd/mm/yy before continuing.", vbExclamation, "Wrong Date"
            txtDateSource1.SetFocus
            Exit Sub
        End If
    End Sub

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JezLisle
    I have a User form that has a TextBox on, within that the user will input a date. I have an AfterUpdate routine on the TextBox to check the format of how the date has been input.

My problem is that if the date isnt in the correct format I want after the MsgBox to set focus on the the TextBox again but it doesnt like to do that and always goes onto the next TextBox.

How can I get around this?

Code:
    Private Sub txtDateSource1_AfterUpdate()
        If Me.txtDateSource1 <> Format(Me.txtDateSource1, "dd/mm/yy") Then
            MsgBox "You must input the Order Date as dd/mm/yy before continuing.", vbExclamation, "Wrong Date"
            txtDateSource1.SetFocus
            Exit Sub
        End If
    End Sub
    Hi

You could use the textBox BeforeUpdate event and set the Cancel property to True if validation fails.

Focus will then remain in the TextBox

??

MTB