Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

The Yak Corral 004

Ok Boys and Girls, there is foo on the bar in the previous incarnation of the Yak Corral so I'm starting a new one before things go bump in the night.

For those of you new to the Corral, it is a place for the long running, more or less pointless drivel of day to day chatter here at DBForums.

-PatP

Something has gone dreadfully wrong with the previous incarnation of the Yak Corral, starting at Page 149 (when read with the default posts per page settings). I closed the old thread, and opened this one in the hope that doing so will prevent the obnoxious database melt-downs that we've had attributed to the Yak Corral in the past.

To paraphrase some dreck from an old play: the Yak Corral is dead, long live the Yak Corral!

-PatP

Liking the two leading zeros. And I am blameless this time!!!!1!

I had noticed the site encountering (what seem like) deadlocks quite a bit over the last couple of weeks but TBH I can't be bothered even reporting that sort of stuff anymore.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Yeah right you're blameless. Everybody knows when something dies, it is either the butler or the Flump. There's no butler around DBForums.

-PatP

Perhaps the forum owners should post their db design and relevant sproc's in a thread - it might make a nice change to try and fix a real problem that affects us personally rather than just doing somebodies homework!

Boooooooooooooooooo

I thought the point of the thread was to crash the site. The only reason I still hang here is because the site is self destructive and that fits the general motif of my life.

Contract is up at the end of the month. I have asked about it twice. No answer. Time to put my butt out on the corner and show some leg again I guess. Anyone looking for a date?

One of the prospective pimps I talk to every couple of months called this morning unsolicited. She says she has some stuff. Fun.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

You don't like where I live and work.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Yeah right you're blameless. Everybody knows when something dies, it is either the butler or the Flump. There's no butler around DBForums.

-PatP

ROFL poor flump

-PatP
    I have never said a cross word about Iowa. I do not know much about it and I have no basis for judgement having never been there.

As for your work, if it is defense or intelligence related, you are right. The Company already came knocking the other day and I told them there was no one here except for us patriots.

I have been watching the John Adams thing on Netflix. Gets me all worked up and I start talking about revolution for a day or 2 after I watch each disc.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    Time to put my butt out on the corner and show some leg again I guess. Anyone looking for a date?
    *wolf whistles*

We'd covered that already. It's a really long walk.
    "Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by desireemm
    ROFL poor flump
    Thank you Desi. Good to see that some still resist the rising tide of unabated flumpism.

I think vBulletin is paid for but very cheap Mike. Based on the open source designs I have seen there will be loads of aggregations calculated on every post - this might be what leads to some contention.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

-PatP
    To Pat;

You should hire him Pat. You were looking for people, and Sean... we'll, Sean is a people and he's intelligent too. He knows a lot about databases, and he's got a great people voice, confident and gentle at the same time.

To Sean;

Pat would be a good boss to work for, Sean. And he's sensitive to your medical issues. Iowa isn't so bad (closer to me) and it's got some nice scenery too. There is plenty of work here in the midwest as well, in case things don't work out.

Looks like a win-win situation to me, lets get a contract signed... shall we?

(Am I allowed to lobby on my own behalf in pursuit of my own self interest? heh)
    "Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

confident? I thought you said I was arrogant.

Pat is probably looking for the pre-midlife crisis Sean anyways.

all of my interwebs are slow today.

Well, you protested your arrogance, so I revised. I'm adept at adapting, ever revising my opinions based on a differing viewpoint compromised with my own if I can see both sides. It's still a great voice, either way.

Speaking of great voices;
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-c..._b_140250.html

could you imagine Pats technical interview anyways? It would probably make the dance I did for M$ a couple of years ago look like the hokie pokie.

I could imagine some NZDFs being thrown around.```