Unanswered: Access 2003 runtime problem

Hi you all.
    I'm running access 2003 runtime on a windows server 2003.
    Some of my forms doesn't work well:
    for example, i have a form that sums payments and issueed a receipt with a
    total sum.
    In the runtime vesion, instead of the sum, i get a #NAME value.
    If I run the same form in a normal version (not runtime), it works fine.
    The application is digitally signed, and i already checked every possible value for the jet SandBox.
    I really don't know what can be the source of the problem..
    I guess the runtime version is set with a bad option that i cannot change without the ful version..
    Can anyone help me??
    Thanks a lot in advance..

I'm a little confused when you say access runtime if you mean the mde file or you mean you're using the MSAccess runtime file (ie. not the full version of MSAccess)?

If you mean that it works in the mdb (not runtime) file versus the mde file on their machine, I might compare the setup/version of MSAccess on the server/their machine versus your machine and see if something is different with MSAccess between the two. I'm not sure what you mean by the application is digitally signed though or when you say you've checked every possible value the jet SandBox.

I might also try recompiling the code in the mdb, relinking/refreshing any linked tables, and recreate a new mde file and copy that to the server/their computer.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-05-08 at 19:54.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

I mean..

I mean that the client is running an mde file on a msaccess 2003
    runtime environment.

When working like that, some fields get a #NAME value instead of their real value.
    Before I installed this runtime ersion, I use to run the client mde on a full MSaccess 2003 version, and it used to work just fine.
    (I need to use a runtime version to restrict my client's capabilities to make any damage, or violate their permission level).

I guess there is a difference between the versions that makes the problem. I thought that maybe I can change something in the runtime version's properties (Through the registry keys) to solve it, but I don't know which key might be related.

About the signature, I just wanted to say that I tjink that the problem is not related to security issues, bacause i already tried every possible value for the sandbox key, and same thing about the access security level key.

I hope I'm better understood now, and you can help me out..
    Thank you, Ishay.

Ummm...I still think there's some disconnect.

So an mde file was created from an mdb file and copied to the server for the client's to use.

Here's my question - do the client's computer have the FULL MSAccess version installed or are they only using the MSAccess runtime file to open the mde file? If you distribute your mde applications to a client's computer, you can also distribute the MSAccess runtime file (again, I don't mean the mde file). This allows users who don't have the full version of MSAccess the ability to open and use an mde file.

When you say this "(I need to use a runtime version to restrict my client's capabilities to make any damage, or violate their permission level)." - it tells me you are referring to the mde file and not to the MSAccess runtime file as you use an mde file to prevent users from getting into the code.

(an *.mde file is compiled *.mdb code. an MSAccess runtime file is a 'mini' MSAccess version (not the full version) used to open the mde file.) But the "runtime" term seems to be used interchangeably.

DON'T (I repeat Don't) try to resolve the issue through the registry unless you're absolutely sure it's correct. You've probably heard it dozens of times, but changing the registry can cause many bad things to happen.

Did you try this?
    I might also try recompiling the code in the mdb, relinking/refreshing any linked tables, and recreate a new mde file and copy that to the server/their computer.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-06-08 at 22:30.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)