Unanswered: How To Do Backup In Sql Server 2005

Hi guys...!
    How ru doing all..? Im doing just fine..
    I have a problem on how can I do automatic backup from two different SQL server 2005, a back server is located to the remote area which is far away from the head office where the main server is located, I want a backup process to be done at 12.00 every day atomically from main server to the backup server, so if there is any script for this please assist me.

Thanx

Mour

Backup syntax and samples here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186865.aspx.

Another suggestion. Depending on your link speed, backup across the network could potentially crawl. Backup local, then copy the backup file.

HTH

-D.
    David Maxwell
    Data Integrity? Yeah, I've heard of that...

Hi!

A Backup in SQL Server means something different to what you describe, so best to avoid this word now.

There are a few options to accomplish this. In order to select the best you need to let us know your needs. Why are you moving data across to a second server on a daily basis? Is it to provide redundancy if the first server goes down, or is it to feed a reporting server? Or is it something else entirely.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Hi!

A Backup in SQL Server means something different to what you describe, so best to avoid this word now.

There are a few options to accomplish this. In order to select the best you need to let us know your needs. Why are you moving data across to a second server on a daily basis? Is it to provide redundancy if the first server goes down, or is it to feed a reporting server? Or is it something else entirely.
    Yah..it is to provide redundancy if the first server goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadySetStop
    Backup syntax and samples here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186865.aspx.

Another suggestion. Depending on your link speed, backup across the network could potentially crawl. Backup local, then copy the backup file.

HTH

-D.
    Thanx David for ur information