hi to all,

i am trying to implement a list_item and button for filtering by using of set_block_property('blockname', default_where,'QUERY') which is triggered by when-button-pressed.i have a set_block_property('BLOCKNAME',default_where,'QUER Y') on my when-new-block-instance. it was the first display of sorted data on the screen.

when the list_item value is changed the displayed data fields should be retrieved based on the value of the list item, if the value is NULL it will display all records and if value is open it will display only the record which status is open and if value is closed it will display only the record which status is closed.

the on event when-button-pressed, i try to change the set of values as required. But a dialog box always appear and ask me "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CHANGES? YES/NO/CANCEL". I want the dialog box not to be seen on the event and automatically display the queried records.

this is the code that i use:

if :status_item1 is null then

SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('FLT_ISP',default_where,'(ENTER ED_BY=:GLOBAL.ID_NUMBER OR IMP_DEPT= :GLOBAL.DEPARTMENT) and (substr(SYS_DATE,8,2)= substr(SYSDATE,8,2) and substr(sys_date,4,3)=substr(sysdate,4,3))');
go_block('FLT_ISP');
execute_query;

else

SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('FLT_ISP',default_where,'(ENTER ED_BY=:GLOBAL.ID_NUMBER OR IMP_DEPT= :GLOBAL.DEPARTMENT) and STATUS =NVL(TATUS_ITEM1,status) and (substr(SYS_DATE,8,2)= substr(SYSDATE,8,2) and (substr(sys_date,4,3)=substr(sysdate,4,3))');
go_block('FLT_ISP');
execute_query;

end if;

If anyone came across this condition or can help me to resolve this problem.
i will appreciate it. thank you in advance.

carlzky