Unanswered: Problem with Report Order Using BDPix

Greetings,

I recently downloaded the trial version on DBPix in order to put about 1,000 photos into a report format. I read good comments about DBPix on this and other forums, and I hope some of you experienced users can help me out here.

I utilized the downloadable sample from ammara.com as a template for “linking” photos instead of storing them in the database.

The problem is:
    I added the records in a specific order that I need them to appear in the report. While the records appear in the correct order in the Table and Form views, the somehow come out shuffled in the report. I have a column in the table that groups them by category, and they are in the right category, but the order is mixed up within that category.

I am not one who understands how to use code/scripts or do any sort of programming, so if you have any suggestions, please dumb them down to a beginner level. Thanks very much!

With the report in design mode, go to View>Sorting and Grouping and set it the way you want it. These setting in the report will overide anything in a query.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Thanks! I found I had to set my grouping first, and my sort order second to get it to come out right.

Excellent! Thanks for posting back with your success.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

When using dbpix in reporting be careful of image sizes I have found that the reports get a little annoyed if images are large.

When placing an image alongside text the Can Shrink doesn't work because of the space taken up by the image. Quite understandable.

It quite good to interogate the image and hold the image size and file size on the database. The former for consistency and the latter just in case the image has not been made into a thumbnail.

dbpix is a really great product - enjoy.

Simon