Unanswered: Adding Data to SQL server not your own

Hello All.

I have a quick question I was wondering if someone could help me with.
    I have a CRM Sql database that my company utilizes. We have been using it for quite sometime. I am not a newbie to SQL database management but not and expert either. I have to add a few things to the tables to make the software a little more useful to us. I know I can access it through MS Enterprise Manager but is it safe to use the trial version on our database or do we need to purchase?

Any other ideas are helpful. Thanks in advance!

on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6
    trial version of what? sql server or your CRM package?

it can be kind of dicey altering tables in a COTS system if you are not familiar with the source code. I have seen some egregiously bad practices by commercial software vendors.

For example, altering tables could cause issues if the vendor used SELECT * anywhere in their code especially with regards to INSERTs.

One thing you should definitely do is not try this on the live production database. If you are going to do it, do it in a test environment and have your users test your CRM spplication thoroughly.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

One Flump in One Place
    I'd check with the OEM that altering the schema doesn't invalidate your support too.
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.