Smile Unanswered: Quick one hopefully - deinstalling options 10g

Hi all,
    I'm about to deinstall partitioning, OLAP and data mining from our Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 installation, and have searched google but can't find a definitive answer on whether I need to shut anything down first. Do I need to stop listeners or anything like that?

Thanks,
    Paula

If you have the enterprise version, then those are standard parts of the database. And why would you want to uninstall them?
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

We are apparently not licensed for them. We have been pulled up by Oracle in the past for having components installed that we are not licensed for. We have purchased 2 Enterprise Edition Processor Licenses, and because of that we did a full enterprise install. But it seems you have to pay for partitioning, OLAP and spatial separately.

Talking All OK

Everything will be fine if you DO NOT USE these components.

Lock and expire the accounts.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

We didn't use them last time but still had Oracle on our case. Then again we didn't lock the accounts either.

Am I right in thinking uninstalling them is not straight forward, as you're all pointing me towards not doing it???

Cool Correct

Uninstalling them is not straight forward and may require among others to run a script (which may be provided by Oracle) or using the Oracle Universal Installer -- or both!.

Good luck!
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

It sounds like standard edition would work out for you for a lot less.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Hello again.

I have now uninstalled OLAP, Partitioning and Spatial very easily using universal installer. However, when I attempt to uninstall data mining it seems to have a lot of dependencies which I do not want to uninstall. Therefore can anyone advise me on how to turn this option off, or lock it? I have googled this and I think it can be done but I can't find out how. I know there is a view called DBA_REGISTRY which has a status field, but it cannot be updated.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
    Paula.