Newbie in need of help

Hi all,

Pardon me, as this databases are definitely not my forte. I'm looking for some recommendations.

As part of my job, I need to find a database utility that has a web-based front end. I just need the basic stuff: enter vendor information, update, search, sort. The biggest importance is that it must be searchable by anyone through a simple web interface. Of course, cost is a factor too.

Can any of you give me some ideas? Sorry if I'm expressing my ignorance; I really don't have much familiarity with this at all.

thanks,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Clinx
    I need to find a database utility that has a web-based front end. I just need the basic stuff: enter vendor information, update, search, sort.
    What information are you storing about the vendors, just contact details, like an address book, or do you want to be able to store their products etc.

Ultimately you'll have to write the web front end no matter what you pick.
    George
    Home | Blog

Thanks for the information. I would like to be able to store information about their product, cost, expertise in certain fields. I hope it's something I could change as needed.

I saw something about Webex. Is this something that might be fitting for my application?