Thumbs up Unanswered: Access 2007 Export File and name it a Now() date + "filename"

I need to name an export file on a daily basis that will generate a new name each day by adding todays date to the front of the name. These are deposits that are imported in an accounting application and I need to keep a history and not overwrite the file each time. I have used Access 2003, but now I am using 2007 and used this new save export feature. Not sure that was a good idea, but I can add it to a macro pretty easily.

Thanks

Dim mnth As String
    Dim dy As String
    Dim yr As String

Dim file_nme As String

mnth = Month(Now())
    dy = Day(Now())
    yr = Year(Now())

file_nme = "c:/" + mnth + "-" + dy + "-" + yr + ".xls"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "Your Table Name", [file_nme]
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later

Naming a file on the fly, It Worked Perfectly

Now I just have to figure out how to make it a .txt tabbed delimeted with out text qualifiers.

Thanks again..

Talking ...

You can modify the code to transfertext instead of spreadsheet.
    I beleive you will have to manually export the table through the file menu and create a shema file to make delimit it the way you want, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Glad I could help
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later

Provided Answers: 59
    dim strOutut as string
    'open the file
    'open the recordset
    strOutput = mynumericcolumn1 & vbtab & mynumericcolumn2 & vbtab & chr$(34) & mystringcolumn1 & chr$(34).......
    'write strOutput to file.

but personally id export he file from access and then rename it.
    you could even do that from within access as apart of a macro, export the fiel, then run a vbscript that renames the file formt heknown nal to the required name
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton