Unanswered: Take snapshots of certain period ?

Hi,

Is it possible to take snapshots of certain period ?
    I want my snapshots to contain only information when db is heavily loaded. I don't want global statistics since db instance was started.

thank
    you

Its not possible to have Snapshot over a period of time: For that you need to go for EVENT MONITOR.

1> For the requirement you mentioned: this is what you can do.

Write a Shell script to have a check on your server to run after every 5 minutes or so which will look-into the CPU utilization. Once the CPU is above > 60% (e.g.), just take the DB/Application Snapshot. Sleep for 2 Minutes or so, then Again the CPU load, if it still beyond 60% again take the next SNAPSHOT and so on. Continue to Take Snapshots after every 120 Seconds till your CPU Load is beyond 60% (the threshold you set).

You can periodically check those Snapshots to see which were the contributing applications (with detail) during HIGH-Load period.

Thanks,
    Jayanta

You can also consider tools like the DB2 Performance Expert, which provides you with an infrastructure to do various analysis on the DB2 performance indicators. It also allows you to aggregate snapshot information for certain time intervals.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Is it possible to evaluate DB2 Performance Expert tool ?
    It looks like it's not for free.

thanks
    Vilius

For having the flavour of PE, you need to contact IBM Representative in your Region for the Free Evaluation. Direct download is n't available.

In addition to that, you can see Live Demo of the same in IBM Support website. The same can be bought as a stand-alone product.