Unanswered: Active Directory linked server problem

Here is my predicament...

We have two production domains, no trust or relationship between the two. On every SQL 2005 server within both domains, we have a standard ADSI linked server we use to query Active Directory (AD). The linked server's security configuration is a domain account with read permissions to all of AD. We are able to query AD in both domains and get results. However, in one of the domains, let's call it DomainA, our queries are failing to return recently created AD groups and users. Other groups and users within the same OU are being returned by the query. Those same groups/users, created at roughly the same time in DomainB, are returning just fine. We validated that the groups/users in AD have replicated to all domain controllers within each domain.

Can anyone think of a reason as to why this behavior is occurring?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Provided Answers: 54
    Unless you jump through humungeous hoops, an AD query only returns 1000 rows. I'd bet that DomanA is more "mature" than DomainB, so it has more grouips defined.

-PatP

Pat, you are right on. DomainA simply had more groups/users defined overall and that was excluding the elements from my query. I simply had to adjust my LDAP query to filter down on the specific groups i was after and problem was resolved. Much appreciated.

Query Analyzer doesn't work in SQL Server 2008

Hi, All:

I downloaded and installed SQL Server 2008 from MS. But Query Analyzer doesn't work. A SELECT statement is pending, never completed.

Any help will appreciated.

ZYT
    ZYT