Unanswered: IBM Certification exam

difference between Certification exam 700 and 730

Provided Answers: 5
    700 = V8.1
    730 = v9.1

Andy

which one is better 700 or 730

if you give 700 you will be certified for 8.1 and in the future if you want to be certified for 9.1 you'll have to give another upgrade exam (upgrade from 8.1 to 9.1)...

As such the basic core stuff remains the same in both the scenarios....so both the exams will help you immensly

9.1 will have more improvements and functionality which you'll miss out on if you give 700...

Personally I gave 730 even though I work on 8.2... as it allowed me to explore additions / functionalities in 9.1 and be up-to-date.

For you, I personally feel you need to take a call on what will best address the reason why you are giving a certification exam in the first place.
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Thumbs up

DB2 V8.1 and 8.2 will not longer be supported after April 30, 2009 (unless extended support is purchased).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    DB2 V8.1 and 8.2 will not longer be supported after April 30, 2009 (unless extended support is purchased).
    thats some news to me.....

could you shed some more light on this..... I found a link which said official support will cease to exist with nothing on extended support...
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Quote Originally Posted by nick.ncs
    thats some news to me.....

could you shed some more light on this..... I found a link which said official support will cease to exist with nothing on extended support...
    IBM commonly provides extended support on products because some companies cannot complete upgrades by the deadline. However you have to pay extra (over and above your regular support fee) for the extended support. Contact your IBM marketing rep for a quote if you are interested.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390