Football Database (ERD)

Hello,

I need to make an ERD for a little soccer cup. It's a little friendly cup with 6 players in each team.

We're not using tables yet but only simple ERDs. We need to apply normalization and need to avoid many to many relationships.

I really don't know how I should do the statistics entity. I don't know what attributes I should use and where to put it. Same for the matches, it's really confusing . I wanted to use subentity goal, assist and result but I don't know how to get it all right.

Note: some of the relationships are in dutch but you can translate them easily. You don't need to pay attention to "CHAR" and "INT" etc. cause we're not using it anyways. I'm just using this program cause it's easy to use

Would be really cool if you'd give me some help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ERD Help.jpg  

Could anyone please help me?

i'm guessing the reason that nobody has replied is because this appears to be a homework assignment thinly disguised as "a little friendly cup"
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Yes, sorry for that. But I really can't figure this out...

It would be really nice if someone could give me some tips.

This is what I got now:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alright.jpg  

have you approached your fellow pupils/students and or teacher/lecturer?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yeah. I actually scored really well with this ERD. But we need to improve it now, I already asked my friends how to solve this problem - but our skill level is rather limited.

I asked my professor today, but his response was rather complicated and didn't understand him that well. I only have this course 1x per week so it's not that easy to contact him.

Yeah. I actually scored really well with this ERD. But we need to improve it now, I already asked my friends how to solve this problem - but our skill level is rather limited.

I asked my professor today, but his response was rather complicated and didn't understand him that well. I only have this course 1x per week so it's not that easy to contact him.

It's quite confusing. We started using tables a week ago and I'm already using foreign keys in an ERD, which isn't allowed I guess?

Sorry for the double post, it kept loading

I scored 92% on these categories:
    Business = 5/5
    Entities = 5/5
    Relations = 4
    Attributes = 4
    Advanced = 5

(the version I handed it didn't have Sponsors, goals en assists.)

okay, here's a tip

relationships are almost exclusively one-to-many

a many-to-many relationship is implemented as two one-to-many relationships with an intermediary entity, called a relationship or association or linking or junction entity

a one-to-one relationship is actually just a special case of a one-to-many relationship

so let's examine one-to-many relationships more closely

the "many" entity will always have a foreign key which references the primary key of some entity

your diagram doesn't show all the necessary foreign keys
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I agree. But we're not allowed to use any foreign keys on this ERD.