Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28

    Question Unanswered: Problem with Access Form (using filters)

    Ok...just as a warning I hardly work with access. I'm used to writing SQL queries and creating Crystal Reports. I was asked to create a quick and dirty front end for one of my databases...so I said sure can't be that bad right? =)

    So here's my problem. I have a main form that uses a table called patients as its source. I have a text box that people can use to do a name search. By clicking search it opens a second form that outputs possible matches in a list box using a SQL LIKE statement. Nothing tuff thus far...

    Next I set it up so by double clicking on the right patient I use the WhereCondition clause to filter the data on the main form. For the most part this works fine. However for some records it returns a blank form...and I mean blank, as in the labels and text boxes disappear. The only thing left is my title in the page header. I have to go back in design mode and remove the filter in the form properties to get the objects back. The funny thing is I copied the filter from the properties field and pasted it in the WHERE section of a select statement on my SQL box and it returns the record just fine. So I know there is a match for that patient ID in the database.

    Anybody know what might be happening? Any Caveats about Access I might be missing?

    Thanks,
    Yul

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    Let me clarify a few things...sorry.

    I'm using Access 2003 and this is for look up purposes only so I do not allow any adds or deletions...also Data Entry property is set to NO.

    However that being said I think Access is in fact not finding the matching record because I just noticed that it only appeared to grab the first 10,000 rows of the table. The table has in fact over 19,000 rows.
    Last edited by YBeauchamps; 12-01-08 at 15:22.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    28
    Never mind folks...I got it. I didn't realize that you had to set the max records. I increased it and now I'm fine. However, I'm a little concerned that in the future if a record is not found that I'll still end up with a blank form. I'll cross that road when I get there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •