Unanswered: DB2 AIX LINUX admin tools ?

Hi,

I am currently working on DB2 z/OS (mainframe) and use BMC Admin tools (change manager and catalog manager) for most of the database admin activites. I would like to know if there are any similar tools available in AIX, Linux.

what are the common admin tools used for routine maintenance activities in DB2 AIX/Linux .

Also do you guys have access to control center from AIX/LINUX ? ( I know that control center is available for db2 on windows). Please advise.

Thanks
    Leo.

Control Center exists for Linux as well.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Even though Control Center runs on Linux, it is most often used from a Windows machine to remotely manage DB2 databases running on Linux , UNIX, or Windows, or any local databases running on the same Windows workstation.

Major 3rd party tool vendors for DB2 LUW include:

- Quest Software
    - Embarcadero

They each have various products and you can check out their website to get more info or in some cases download a free trial version.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thank you.... Marcus & stolze. I got most of the info.

so which one is better for routine database maintenance activites and for regular release changes for db2 tables/constriants/indexes etc..

control center or 3rd party change management tools ??

I like DBArtisan from Embaradero for DB admin work, and it will generate change scripts, but it is not anywhere near the capability of BMC Change Manager for DB2 z/OS IMO. Embaradero has another product that manages changes, but I have not used it.

I have also used the Quest tools, which are better at monitoring than they are at DB Administration (spotlight and foglight), although they do have an admin tool and it is improving.

DB2 Control Center uses the IBM supplied stored procedure to do changes not supported by native SQL alter (those which require export of data, drop table, create table, and load of table). You can see it in action by making a change and looking at "Show SQL" before you run it.

I would contact the vendors and ask for a demo, or just download the software for a free trial.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 1
    There's also a new product from IBM - Data Studio Administrator. You can download a trial from the IBM web site.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Thanks alot guys !!! .. that is very helpful