Unanswered: non-interactive shell script

Hi i am doing a shell program and i really don't know i'm doing. i am new to this programming and have to do it.

Its a non interactive script, if anybody is up to speed on shell programming i would appreciate the help!
    my email is notxesnala19@eircom.net
    if anybody would like to leave their email address and i will email back the program!

Please please help

Please Please help. Hi i am doing a shell program and i really don't know i'm doing. i am new to this programming and have to do it.

Its a non interactive script, if anybody is up to speed on shell programming i would appreciate the help!
    my email is notxesnala19@eircom.net
    if anybody would like to leave their email address and i will email back the program!

Hi i am doing a shell program and i really don't know i'm doing. i am new to this programming and have to do it.
    The best way to learn shell scripting is to start on simple scripts and work your way up. There are lots of good books and web pages out there to help you. When you've made an attempt at solving the problem then it might be a good time to post to the forum and we'll try and fix any problems.

If you just wish us to do your work for you then perhaps you should say how much your willing to pay to have this work done for you

shell script

€40, i'm not joking! who ever is interested i'll send on the assignment!! i need comments as well. Need it b4 monday
    Last edited by shellbot; 12-05-08 at 13:59.

Provided Answers: 54
    So let me get this straight... On top of whatever someone has already paid so that you can learn shell scripting, you are willing to pay another €40 so that you don't have to learn it? That is impressive!

-PatP

No, its just one of modules i have to do this semester. my lecturer is not helpful at all. I will never need to use shell programming after college, but i have to pass it! learning it right now is possible but far too time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by shellbot
    I will never need to use shell programming after college, but i have to pass it! learning it right now is possible but far too time consuming.
    Wow...I think the problem is much bigger than you have laid out.

If you never need to use shell programming after college, it means you are not going to be working in the computer-related fields, right? If that is the case, why does your coursework require any computer-related classes? Did you pick the wrong major? Did you let your parents arrange your schedule this semester? Were you forced to take a scripting class by a bully tired of the old tried-and-true lunch money heist?

Here...lay out your life-plan as succinctly as you can, and we will fix it for you. I fear you have not fully grasped your situation.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

yes i have done c#, visual basic, html, but my course is a mixture of business and Information systems and yes i won't have to use shell after college! i can branch into a wide range of jobs, all of my other results are decent. i'm just looking for help (panicking). if your not willing to help me, don't be such a sarcastic p---k!!
    if anybody is willing to help me start the program, i would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by shellbot; 12-05-08 at 18:12.

i'm just looking for help (panicking).
    Ahhh...then it's very likely you are (or will be) learning a different lesson than you had planned for. Thankfully, it's often the unplanned lessons that teach us the most, however, so all is not lost.
    if your not willing to help me, don't be such a sarcastic p---k!!
    Don't get your panties all in a bunch over moi, my friend. Your major is fine, but mine was a B.S. in Sarcastic P--ckism.

...and I did MY homework.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

ok i'll give it to you - funny sarcasm, but can u help me!

Not me, but best of luck with that...I am off to Las Vegas for 5 days...I did my homework, got a nice job, a bank account, a hot Bolivian chick on my arm, and the ability to head off on my vacations pretty much when I please.

All because I did my scripting homework in '83.

buckle down, my friend...time's a-wasting.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

@shellbot: Have you considered using Google and the like? I am sure you will need THAT later on in your life for sure.

Oh, for 40Euro I may be willing do it - but only if it doesn't take longer than 10min total, which includes the time you need to explain the exercise. Money to be paid up front, of course.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Still hasn't said what the problem is. 40 euro is probably below most our normal rates ( unsure about George ). It's difficult for anyone to agree to anything without seeing what they have to do.

Why not simply explain what the issue is and, if it's straightforward, we'll give you some strong clues.