Thread: Requery problem

Unanswered: Requery problem

I have a pop up form consisting of an option box named OptWeight. In this option box are 2 checkboxes 500g/bottle and another 1000g/bottle. Also on this form is an unbound text box named txtTotalWeight. This form pops up when the main form quantity (txtQty) is entered or edited. After selecting the checkbox I would like the total weight reflected in the txtTotalWeight text box.
    The total weight is obtained by multiplying its quantity on the main form and 500g/bottle or 1000g/bottle on the pop form depending on the checkbox selected.

Private Sub Check3_LostFocus()
    Me.txtTotalWeight = Forms!frmMain.txtQty * 500
    Me.Requery
    End sub

Private Sub Check5_LostFocus()
    Me.txtTotalWeight = Forms!frmMain.txtQty * 1000
    Me.Requery
    End sub

What I would like to see a immediate result in the total weight textbox when I had checked 500g/bottle or 1000g/bottle checkbox. However the result only appears after I have clicked the total weight text box or when I press the F6 key.

Can somebody please help?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 2
    First off, don't use check boxes. Your selections (as you've explained it here) are mutually exclusive, so you should either go with a combo box with two values or an option group.

Secondly, to see the result sooner, you need to place the code on the "OnChange" event of the control(s) concerned, and add the line "Me.Repaint" to force the calculation to be displayed.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

I tried both the combo box and option group. The combo box works without repainting. Of course, the main form is opened.

Private Sub cboWt_Change()
    Me.txtTotalWeight = Forms!frmMain.txtQty * Me.cboWt.Column(0)
    End Sub

For Option Group I still have to click the Total Weight text box to see the result. Besides the option group does not have an on change event. Only the Total weight unbound text box does.

How do you do it with an option box and what events do you use to accomplish that?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 2
    For option and check boxes, use the "OnClick" event. However, if the combo box worked, stick with that!

Provided Answers: 59
    to set the value of a control place some code in the forms on current event to set it for values that already exist in the db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    As a rule, the OnChange event of the combobox shouldn't be used in code, but rather the AfterUpdate event. The problem is that the OnChnage event of a combobx will fire every time user type a character in if they try to use the AutoExpand feature, which can lead to mistakes.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Points taken. Thanks for your inputs.