Unhappy Unanswered: Counting an enquiry and realted field.

Hey Guys!

Gosh I havent been on here for a long time! Sorry for the silly question but I am trying to do a basic count of some customer enquiry records. Basically I have an enquiry record that has one outcome attached to it (outcomes are another table linked to enquirys), but linked to that enquiry may be more than one outcome.

I can count the number of enquiries and releated outcome but thats it, if there are any more outcomes linked to the record I cannot seem to count them only the first one? I am dealing with two tables, enquiries and outcomes. For every enquiry there is a primary outcome attached but more than one outcome can be linked to that particular enquiry.

Hope that made some sort of sense! Let me know f not and ill try and re-phrase!

Thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    What is the difference between "linked" and "attached" outcomes? I believe that posting a test case might help (that includes CREATE TABLE and INSERT INTO sample data), so that we could see what you are talking about. Because, at first glance, it looks like a simple join of two tables (outer join, possibly?).

Talking Goofy or not Goofy.

Maybe you also need to provide:

1) Description of your tables (with PK, FK)
    2) Sample input data
    3) Expected result

And most important:

4) Query you have coded up to now.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Provided Answers: 4
    Well, yes, I call your 1), 2) and 3) a test case