Unanswered: DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.5 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows®; V9.5 is the only

What does 'ONLY' mean in the quote below? I quote from Infomation Center for v9.5:
    "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.5 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows®; V9.5 is the only version of DB2 that InfoSphere Warehouse supports. "

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v9r5/index.jsp

Anybody can explain this statement please. Documentation says that new InfoSphere Warehouse works with other editions as well which is contrary to the statement above.

We are getting ready for migration from DB2 ESE v8.2 to v9.5 and want to start using DPF at the same time. So I am trying to learn as much as I can about it.

Thanks in advance
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 1
    To me it means that InfoSphere won't run on DB2 v. 9.1, 9.2, or 8.2
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Starting in V9.5 Database Partitioning Feature (DPF) is now available only through DB2 Warehouse Edition Version 9.5. DPF is not available for DB2 ESE. Existing DPF licenses will be upgraded automatically to the IBM Base Warehouse Feature for DB2 Version 9.5. You can also acquire DPF for existing ESE licenses by buying IBM Enterprise Warehouse Feature for DB2 Version 9.5.

I am not sure if this answers your Infosphere Warehouse question, but since you are planning to use DPF, I thought I would mention it.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

thx Mr. Feldman and Mr. Ivanov. I guess I did not notice ';' before v9.5 in the quote. Now I understand
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux