Unanswered: Regarding Database Connectivity In Cobol

GOOD EVENING SIR,

I have an idea of doing some program on COBOL.
    I CAN DO A NORMAL COBOL PROGRAM. BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE COBOL PROGRAM WITH DATBASE CONNECTIVITY.

I AM INTERESTED TO DO SOME SAMPLE PROGRAM ON COBOL WITH DATABASE CONNECTIVITY.

PRESENTLY IN MY SYSTEM I HAVE COBOL 85 COMPILER AND I USED TO COMPILE AND RUN IT WITH MS-DOS PROMPT .
    I COMPILE AND RUN COBOL 85 COMPILER BY:

E:TRY>cobol3 programname.cob for compiling

E:TRY>crun3 programname for running

IN MY SYSTEM I HAVE INSTALLED ORACLE 8 CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO WRITE A COBOL PROGRAM WITH ORACLE.

IF THERE IS A SAMPLE PROGRAM PLEASE SEND APROGRAM TO ME IT WILL BE HELP FUL TO ME.

PRESENTLY IN MY SYSTEM WHEN I INSTALL ORACLE I HAVE PROCOBOL IN THAT I HAVE INSTALLED THAT ORACLE SINCE IT HAS PROCOBOL BUT I DONT HOW TO COMPILE AND EXECUTE THIS PROCOBOL PROGRAM AND HOW TO LINK IT WITH ORACLE.

I AM PRESENTLY ON WINDOWS-XP PLATFORM ONLY.
    PLEASE SEND A PROGRAM ON COBOL WITH ORACLE SOON PLEASE

THANK YOU

Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

hello bill the given site i have alraedy seen but i dont what is the command to compile procobol and how to run procobol

please write the commands plsease and tell how to connect it to the oracle
    how to execute the cobol with oracle
    please tell me

thanks for ur reply

tahnk u bill

plesase tell me how to connect to oracle

tell the sample program with oracel that works fine

i have seen the link already which u have given but i dont know how to compile and execute for procobol and how to connect to COBOL

PLEASE TELL ME SOON

PLEASE REPLY

THANK U FOR YOUR PREVIOUS REPLY

IF YOU HAVE ANY SAMPLE PROGRAM REGARDING DATABASE CONNECTIVITY IN COBOL PLEASE TELL ME AND ATTACH THE PROGRAM HERE SO THAT IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO ME

PLEASE TELL ME THE COBOL PROGRAM WITH ORACLE

tahnk u bill

plesase tell me how to connect to oracle

tell the sample program with oracel that works fine

i have seen the link already which u have given but i dont know how to compile and execute for procobol and how to connect to COBOL

PLEASE TELL ME SOON

PLEASE REPLY

THANK U FOR YOUR PREVIOUS REPLY

IF YOU HAVE ANY SAMPLE PROGRAM REGARDING DATABASE CONNECTIVITY IN COBOL PLEASE TELL ME AND ATTACH THE PROGRAM HERE SO THAT IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO ME

PLEASE TELL ME THE COBOL PROGRAM WITH ORACLE
    YHANK U FOR UR REPLY beilstwh

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Oracle V8 has not been supported any time this century & you should consider a supported version

It appears that your are unwilling or incapable to simply RTFM.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...1/pco14opt.htm

To run the Oracle Pro*COBOL Precompiler, you issue the command

procob [option_name=value] [option_name=value] ...

What other assistance to you now require?
    Last edited by anacedent; 12-13-08 at 00:26.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

asking for database connectivity in cobol

I have an idea of doing some program on COBOL.
    I CAN DO A NORMAL COBOL PROGRAM. BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE COBOL PROGRAM WITH DATBASE CONNECTIVITY.

I AM INTERESTED TO DO SOME SAMPLE PROGRAM ON COBOL WITH DATABASE CONNECTIVITY.

PRESENTLY IN MY SYSTEM I HAVE COBOL 85 COMPILER AND I USED TO COMPILE AND RUN IT WITH MS-DOS PROMPT .
    I COMPILE AND RUN COBOL 85 COMPILER BY:

E:TRY>cobol3 programname.cob for compiling

E:TRY>crun3 programname for running

IN MY SYSTEM I HAVE INSTALLED ORACLE 8 CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO WRITE A COBOL PROGRAM WITH ORACLE.

IF THERE IS A SAMPLE PROGRAM PLEASE SEND APROGRAM TO ME IT WILL BE HELP FUL TO ME.

PRESENTLY IN MY SYSTEM WHEN I INSTALL ORACLE I HAVE PROCOBOL IN THAT I HAVE INSTALLED THAT ORACLE SINCE IT HAS PROCOBOL BUT I DONT HOW TO COMPILE AND EXECUTE THIS PROCOBOL PROGRAM AND HOW TO LINK IT WITH ORACLE.

I AM PRESENTLY ON WINDOWS-XP PLATFORM ONLY.

PLEASE SEND A PROGRAM ON COBOL WITH ORACLE SOON PLEASE
    tell how to compile and execute cmd prompt

THANK YOU anacedent

database connectivity in cobol

hi,

i have installed oracle 9i i searched in many sites in that it says that oracle9i have pro*cobol so that i have installed oracle 9i but i dont know where to write the pro*cobol program and how to compile and execute the pro*cobol program that has database connectivity.

if some body know say how to compile and execute in step by step please
    tell me the reply soon

presently i have cobol 85 cpmpiler

database connectivtiy in cobol

hai friend,

happy belated new year to you.

I HAVE ONE DOUBT REGARDING DATABASE CONNECTIVITY IN COBOL.PLEASE TELL ME SOON. IT IS VERY URGENT.

Presently in my system i have installed oracle 9i version 9.2 . i have install ed this oracle because i read in some site that oracle 9i has included pro*cobol so can u please tell me how to do this pro*cobol program in windows platform.

i have tried so far but it shows 50 errors . i am presently using cobol 85 compiler i have one program reagarding database i just pasted that in my dos editor by giving the folllowing command:

E:Try> cobol3 sample1.pco
    when i pressed enter it show error .

how to compile and execute the pro*cobol program
    please write the command so that i can just give that command in my system.

please very urgent friend

It's been over a month. Have you read any of the documentation suggested in posts 2 or 6? I am not a cobol programmer, but I looked through the docs and believe what you need is there.

Might I suggest that you read all of the document, including all of the OS and environmental requirements. Make sure that your system meets those requirements and that you have everything installed that you need. Try one of the sample programs outlined in the documentation. IF you are still having problems, then please provide information about your OS, your database version, what you have tried and what the exact errors were.