Unanswered: Trigger for list box element...?

Hey everyone!

I've got a little problem, I was wondering if you might be able to give me a hand...? So here it is:

I've implemented a form which pops up on start-up. That has a list box which works as a basic list of any assignments due within the week. The only thing is what I want to do from there is be able to double-click an item on the list and go to the relevant record to see the full set of details, the list box only provides a brief summary. I'm having trouble specifying an event on a single element of a list box rather than the whole list box object itself. Clearly I'm approaching this entirely the wrong way. Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated =D

Provided Answers: 6
    Presuming the listbox is single select, this technique should work:

http://www.baldyweb.com/wherecondition.htm

from the double click event of the listbox.
    Paul

I don't follow what you mean by single select. The listbox has fours columns and a variable amount of records depending on the results of the query. One of those records are active or have focus at any one time.

Thanks for the link btw. I gave it a go but it asks me for the assignmentID parameter when I double click. This is the procedure I've written:

Private Sub lstOneWeek_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAssignment", acNormal, , "frmAssignment.assignmentID = " + Me.lstOneWeek, acFormReadOnly, acDialog
    End Sub

Where:
    - frmAssignment is the form which contains a record with details for each individual assignment (the form I want to open)
    - assignmentID is the primary key of tblAssignment which frmAssignment and qryOneWeekLeft (the summary listbox's data source) is based on
    - lstOneWeek is the summary listbox (I want to double click one item from this list to initiate the opening of the form with full details)
    Last edited by sphynx; 12-15-08 at 00:53.

If it's set so you can only select one item at a time, it's single select. If you can select more than one, it's multi-select. Did you try the code?
    Paul

Oh ok. Yes it is single select then.

I tried the code but I must have done something incorrectly because as I said in the last post it asks me for frmAssignment.assignmentID when I click.

Is there something wrong with the code I've put together? It's in the last post.

If you'll notice in the sample code provided, you should not include the form reference in the wherecondition. You specify the field name only. You should also use & instead of +.
    Paul

OK I've made those changes. Same error though.

It looks like this now if that helps:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAssignment", acNormal, , "assignmentID = " & Me.lstOneWeek, acFormReadOnly, acDialog

What is the code now? Is assignmentID a field in the source of the form being opened?
    Paul