Script:
    RESTORE DATABASE RiskShield
    FROM DISK = N'\\NYRSQLV1\DBBackup\RISKSHIELD.BAK'
    WITH MOVE 'RISKSHIELD' to 'E:\MSSQL\Data\RISKSHIELD.mdf',
    MOVE 'RISKSHIELD_Log' to 'E:\MSSQL\DBLogs\RISKSHIELD_Log.ldf',
    REPLACE, STATS=10

Error:
    Msg 3203, Level 16, State 2, Server STG_NYRSQLV1, Line 1
    Read on "\\NYRSQLV1\DBBackup\RISKSHIELD.BAK" failed: 1130(Not enough server storage is available to process this command.)
    Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Server STG_NYRSQLV1, Line 1
    RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Made change to registry as recommended, but no help. Server has plenty of DASD, 4 processors, 3.5 GB of RAM, a reboot seems to resolve, so it seems to be a memory leak of some sort.

Provided Answers: 10
    I take it you've got that folder on your VM shared with full read-write permissions, right?
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    I take it you've got that folder on your VM shared with full read-write permissions, right?
    Yes, perms are fine, very random issue, sometimes no problem, other times, problem for a week straight. Infra guys are looking at it right now.

What is your disk size set to on your VM? I use them but am really rusty on setting them up... but I remember you having to declare the disk size, but that might just be for a second virtual drive.

What about disk space on both the host and server?
    George
    Home | Blog

What is your disk size set to on your VM? I use them but am really rusty on setting them up... but I remember you having to declare the disk size, but that might just be for a second virtual drive.

What about disk space on both the host and server?
    Server guy did something to resolve the problem, but hard prying what he did, I don't understand why some people are just so secretive as to what they did for a corrective action.

They rebooted the server - see you again next week
    George
    Home | Blog

They rebooted the server - see you again next week
    I tried that numerous times, it was a VMWare issue I'm sure.

Seems like it is something with Double-Take having the .BAK file open, this is becoming a major burden. The odd thing it gets, 10, 20, 30 percent complete, then wham, message appears, and gets further completed as more time goes by until if I wail long enough, it eventually restores, the only thing that would have the file open is Double-Take for DR replication. It's just odd that DT would interfere with the restore when it is already in progress, unless it has a certain part of the file in use and when SQL restore hits that block (which DT has in use), it reports the message.

is there anyway I can have SQL wait for the file to be released, instead of it getting 90% done (2+ hours), then bombing out, and having to restart from square 1 again.

Will the CONTINUE_AFTER_ERROR option help in this case, it would be easier for me to just tackle the issue once the DB is restored, I don't really care about all data being spot on since it's a sandbox server.
    Last edited by PMASchmed; 02-10-09 at 10:52.