Unanswered: ERD: Inventory, Purchase Ord, Sales Ord (Access 07)

Using Access 2007

Hi Forum!!!

I'm trying to help my old man's business by setting up a database for him but there is a problem..... my undergraduate business education has seeped from my skull and instead of producing a viable inventory management system I am creating new and exotic ways to curse at my computer (I can't believe how bad I f*ckin suck at this).

Anecdotes aside....

I think I am having a simple problem with my relationship mapping and primary/foreign key selection.

My Goal is to Co ordinate: Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and his Inventory Listing.

He is a lumber trader/reman.

For His Inventory I would like to include:
    Package ID Primary
    Dimensions
    Pck Volume
    Purchase Order ID Foreign?
    Sales Order ID Foreign?

Sales Orders:
    Sales ID PK
    Package ID's (several per order) FK?
    Supplier
    Date Ordered
    Date Arrived
    etc...

Purchase Order:
    PO ID PK
    Package ID's (several) FK?
    Customer
    Destination
    etc....

I guess what I would like to do would be to have an inventory system where I can see an "Individual Lumber Package" and be able to associate a particular package with who we bought it from and specifically match it against a Sales Order so we can identify any shortfalls and such.

I feel like a dumbass that I can't figure this stuff out anymore...

Thanks a ton in advance.

Not a whole lot to go on but I might suggest that you look at the Northwind database which ships on the Access 2007 cd. It has a pretty good example of an inventory/Sales/Purchase Order setup. If you can't find it on the cd, check the MS website as I'm sure they have it there to download.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)