Unanswered: Data Pump Globalization Support

Hi all,

Does anyone know how Data Pump works with character set ???
    For example, should the server's character set different from the one client's using, how would the data be transferred ??

When exporting, whose character set would be used in the process ?? Server's or client's ??

And how about importing ??? I've tried searching manuals and everything but still couldn't find a single info about it...

The only one I found was the info about the original EXP and IMP, but I think since the exporting and importing process different, I wonder if the character set usage is different as well...

So, anyone would be kind enough to share info, reference, links, or anything

Provided Answers: 1
    This from another forum:
    Do the source and target databases have the same character set? This is one of the most often-overlooked issues for data transfers. If I have ensured that standards are in place, hopefully the two databases’ character sets match, or at least the target database’s character set is a superset of the source database’s character set. Otherwise, if I attempt to import data into my target database, and the target database’s character set is not a superset of the source database’s character set, there is a good probability that character data will be corrupted, unconvertible, or simply lost.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.