Unanswered: MS Access 2003 mdb does not run on Access 2007

Hi All,

Please would you be able to advise me on the following:

I've just created an Access 2003 database which seems to have been working fine until recently a few of my colleague's upgraded their notebooks which came with pre-installed versions of Office 2007 - including Access 2007.
    The database that did work for them now won't open for them. The following error is displayed:

'operating system is not configured to run this application'

I understand from a another article that this may have something to do with the Version 12 Library folder as suppose to the Version 11 that Access 2003 uses.

Can anyone please advise how I can get this same database compatible with both Access 2003 & 2007...

Thanks - I appreciate any help :-)

Provided Answers: 59
    it may well be a references issue.... there is some code in the codebank which will help you check references programticaly

however the message is "operating system is not configured to run this application", so I wonder if its a permissions issue, is there a setting needs to be made for a sandbox.
    perhaps this may help
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for the reply Healdem...

Sorry I'm fairly new at MS Access, when you mention the Codebank, are you refering to the Help Database in Access 2007?
    Also what do you mean by the settings in the Sandbox?

Cheers

Provided Answers: 59
    tinkering with security settings, it originally came in with Java and or javascript meaning that there were things you could do in the applciations own memory area...

I'd check the google reference first, as IIRC there was a guy there who reported the same errors as you (on A2000) and got a fix

the codebank is one of the first 3 postings on the front page of the Access forum on this site.. somewhere in there there is a thread on how to change /make links programtically
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks Healdem, I'll take a look ;-)