Unanswered: Changing server.MapPath to "driver, etc"

Hello

I often see connection strings to MS Access databases written in this format:

Code:
    'Build connection
    	set conn = server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")
    	conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.MapPath ("users.mdb")
    	set rs = server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")
    Unfortunately, it's one which my hosting services does not like, preferring instead this format:

Code:
    conn.Open "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\business\users.mdb;"
    How is it best (or easiest) to translate the first type of connection to the second?

Can I simply change:

Code:
    conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.MapPath ("users.mdb")
    to:

Code:
    conn.Open "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\business\users.mdb;"
    Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Provided Answers: 10
    Hey Steve,
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal
    Can I simply change:
    to:
    I don't see why not! Think of the connection string as a way of telling your front-end where to look for it's data and if necessary how to authenticate to retrieve any data.

A good test would be to simply write teh value from your Server.MapPath to screen and see what is returned!

Merry Christmas
    George
    Home | Blog

Many thanks for your reply, George.

I'll try it out!

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Steve

Anyone who uses FSO uses server.mappath. As includes can not be dynamic FSO is the only means of "attaching" content in a file depending on the content on the page.

You could try:

Application("my_conn") = "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE= [the physical path and Users.mdb]

Simon