Unanswered: add dbpartitionnum

Hi,

we are trying to create a partitioned database server with 4 partitions using ver 8 on win XP.

Installed the db2 software. Whats the next step?

The next step is go to DB2 information center and search for "create database".... there you will find the required data.

OR

Go to google and search for something like create partitioned database db2 and you'll get the required tutorials to get you through

After doing the above steps you still have issues then you are most welcome to post the same here...

However if you are too lazy to do even the above mentioned steps then i recommend you check the uninstall DB2 option available in Add/Remove programs....
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Quote Originally Posted by nick.ncs
    The next step is go to DB2 information center and search for "create database".... there you will find the required data.

OR

Go to google and search for something like create partitioned database db2 and you'll get the required tutorials to get you through

After doing the above steps you still have issues then you are most welcome to post the same here...

However if you are too lazy to do even the above mentioned steps then i recommend you check the uninstall DB2 option available in Add/Remove programs....

sir i know how to create a database

but i dont know how to create partitioned datsbase
    i searched in db2ic also but they given "db2node.cfg" i could not found it.
    this db2node.cfg is "db2 list node directory" result?
    even i know how to ctalaog a node ,but the reason why unable to creat partion is i dont know how to add partitionnum .i have excute the comment "db2start add dbpartitionu " with hostname,node name,user,password but im getting error

could u please guide me the steps
    Last edited by ashok_as6; 12-23-08 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_as6
    sir i know how to create a database
    but i dont know how to create partitioned datsbase
    Thats why i said check the create database command

i searched in db2ic also but they given "db2node.cfg" i could not found it.
    this db2node.cfg is "db2 list node directory" result?
    No, it is not... if you had read the create database command you would have known that it simply lists the database partitions

even i know how to ctalaog a node ,but the reason why unable to creat partion is i dont know how to add partitionnum .i have excute the comment "db2start add dbpartitionu " with hostname,node name,user,password but im getting error
    Add dbpartitionnum is used to add a partition to an already existing partitioned db. Do you already have an existing partitioned db?

Kindly state in clear terms what you are doing and then maybe we can help.
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Quote Originally Posted by nick.ncs
    Thats why i said check the create database command

No, it is not... if you had read the create database command you would have known that it simply lists the database partitions

Add dbpartitionnum is used to add a partition to an already existing partitioned db. Do you already have an existing partitioned db?

Kindly state in clear terms what you are doing and then maybe we can help.

actualy i want to create a database .its data has to be get stored in different node

First you have to define the partitions that belong to your instance. Have a look at the START DATABASE MANAGER command (aka DB2START):
    $ db2 "? start"
    {START DATABASE MANAGER | DB2START} [REMOTE [INSTANCE] instance-name
    {ADMINNODE node-name | HOSTNAME hostname} USER username USING password]
    [ADMIN MODE {USER username | GROUP groupname }] [PROFILE profile]
    [DBPARTITIONNUM db-partition-number] [ADD DBPARTITIONNUM HOSTNAME hostname
    PORT logical-port [COMPUTER computer-name] [USER username] [PASSWORD password]

[NETNAME netname] [LIKE DBPARTITIONNUM db-partition-number |
    WITHOUT TABLESPACES]] | STANDALONE | RESTART [HOSTNAME hostname]
    [PORT logical-port] [COMPUTER computer-name] [USER username] [PASSWORD password]
    [NETNAME netname] ] ]
    Once you have that, you can proceed with creating the database. (Of course, you can also add new partitions once the database exists, but doing it the way I described is probably easier because you do not have to reconfigure anything in the database itself because it does not yet exist when setting up the instance partitions.)
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Quote Originally Posted by stolze
    First you have to define the partitions that belong to your instance. Have a look at the START DATABASE MANAGER command (aka DB2START):

Once you have that, you can proceed with creating the database. (Of course, you can also add new partitions once the database exists, but doing it the way I described is probably easier because you do not have to reconfigure anything in the database itself because it does not yet exist when setting up the instance partitions.)
    thanks sir i will get back to u if any error occured