Question Unanswered: filter subform with combox issue (record being updated)

i have a Table with following fields:

[Work_Table]
    Ref_id
    Date
    Employee_Nr
    Actual_Shift

[frm_Mainform]

in the mainform i have a combobox named [cboDate], ive added the following SQL line in ROW SOURCE
    Code:
    SELECT DISTINCT DATE FROM WORK_TABLE;
    - when a Date is selected in combobox, and the button "SHOW" is clicked, in subform will show only the records with corresponding Date.

This works as intended, but the problem i have is when i select another Date in combobox and press Show, the DATE in the first record in the subform is UPDATED with the selected Date in combobox. What is wrong here? i Don't get it, i've spends days and days and looked on internet for examples but still not succeeded. Anybody know what ive done wrong here?

Additional info:

[frm_Subform]
    in the property of the subform i ve added into ROW SOURCE the following code:
    Code:
    SELECT Work_Table.Ref_Nr, Work_Table.Date, Work_Table.Employee_Nr, Work_Table.Actual_Shift FROM Work_Table;
    The textboxes in the subform are updated by this select statement.

- Subform is linked to Mainform on [DATE] (parent/child link)
    - Mainform = singleform
    - Subform = continious form

--- code behind button "Show" ---

Code:
    Private Sub cmdShow_Click()

On Error GoTo Err_cmdShow_Click

Me.Refresh

Exit_cmdShow_Click:
        Exit Sub

Err_cmdShow_Click:
        MsgBox Err.Description
        Resume Exit_cmdShow_Click

End Sub
    ----------

Provided Answers: 6
    Sounds like you want to remove the control source from the combo; it will say unbound when viewed in design view.
    Paul

thnx for the help Pbaldy, i thought about your idea and i decided to unbound my combobox and put a parameter into my query that is connected to my combobox. and some little changes here and there and now it works as intended. thnx for pointing to the right direction