Unanswered: StandBy Schedule

Hi All,

I am trying to make a standby schedule for my group and I was wondering if I can get some help on that. Let me explain my situation to you guys.

I have 3 different types of standbys that I work with and they are called: Blue, Red and Purple and each one of these has one person associated with it. All standby's start from monday thru thursday and friday thru sunday. Ofcourse we rotate people from weekdays to weekend. Reading posts here helped me make a demo version of what I want, however I still need modification on that. There are a few things I'd like to do which I am unable to do so far:

1. I would like to have a combo box instead of text box for the standby type so I can select it.
    2. I would like the starting date and ending date to come up automatically for each week (starting monday, ending sunday) instead of typing it for each week.
    3. Is it possible to have this standby in form view rather than datasheet view?
    4. If I save this form in data access format will that be enough to have it working in the future in data access format??
    5. Would it be possible to view it for the whole month instead of just per week?
    I am ready to improve it if someone is kind enough to get me started.

Thanks again for reading.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ranjah; 12-27-08 at 17:45.

Ranjah

Please find an updated version of your database.

In response to your questions

1. I would like to have a combo box instead of text box for the standby type so I can select it.Changed the field StandBy Type In the table tblschedule using the Lookup tab.

2. I would like the starting date and ending date to come up automatically for each week (starting monday, ending sunday) instead of typing it for each week.
    In the form FrmStandBy code added to the ON Load event to determine the day of the week using the current date and set the Monday date relative to today’s date.

3. Is it possible to have this standby in form view rather than datasheet view?
    Changed the format property and data source of the form FrmSchedule

4. If I save this form in data access format will that be enough to have it working in the future in data access format??Future version should work with previous data structures.

5. Would it be possible to view it for the whole month instead of just per week?
    In the form FrmStandBy change the end date coding from Me!EndDate = Me!StartDate + 6 to Me!EndDate = Me!StartDate + 27 this will give you 4 weeks time span

modified new standby schedule sample

Thanks alot for a quick response poppa smurf,

Your sample gave me an idea and i ended up modifying another sample database i have for sometime now.

However there are still few things left that I still cant get them to work.

1. Is it possible to view full month per record? for e.g 1 record per month per page
    2. Can I have the dates to show up for the whole month automatically?
    3. lastly can I seperate weekdays to weekends by either highlighting or changing the color of blue, red and purple text???

Please have a look at my sample and tell me what you think?

Thanks again for all your help.

Ranjah

Is it possible to view full month per record? for e.g 1 record per month per page
    You can not do this in the form mode but using a report you are able to produce a calendar format. I have attached a document showing a screen shot of a calendar report I designed for our training department.

If you prefer this layout then your input form will need changing and some coding required. The weekends on the attached report can be highlighted.

yes, I'd like that

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Smurf
    Ranjah

Is it possible to view full month per record? for e.g 1 record per month per page
    You can not do this in the form mode but using a report you are able to produce a calendar format. I have attached a document showing a screen shot of a calendar report I designed for our training department.

If you prefer this layout then your input form will need changing and some coding required. The weekends on the attached report can be highlighted.
    WOW
    this is awesome!!!
    this is exactly what I was after. I like that I can see each day individually. I was looking for a way to input 3 names per day, with different colours. For example: In Monday we'd have Rick(red), Bob(Blue) and John(purple). Would there be a way to make each name "linkable" in the report, meaning that I could simply click and change the colour for a name from red to purple.

Also, the weekends highlighted is a great idea, and I would definitely like to know how to do that too.

Thank you.

name=Blue
    name=Red
    name=Purple

I will try and have a demo for you later in the week

Thanks,
    I really appriciate it.

Here is a draft version of your requirement. It has some data for Jan 2009

Open the form frm_rpt_standby_date and then select Preview it will open a report in the calendar format with different background colours depending on the Standy Type. I have used Red, Blue and Green as these types.

Form frm_standby_dates is used to create records for each staff member for each date in the date range entered.

Contact me if you require more assistance.

Thanks poppa smurf for the sample, after extracting when i double click on frm_rpt_standby_date i get an error saying there is no object in this control and i click ok and then i get another error mesg saying the expression onload you have entered ras the event property setting produced the following error: object or class does not support the set of events.
    Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks

Error Problem

What is the version of Access that you are using? The sample database is for Access 2003 version. I have attached a document showing the references used in the sample, check that you also have something similar.

If you are using an earlier version I will convert the sample database for you.

Thanks for the references, however mistake was in my end, not sure what caused it but i reinstalled windows and office got reinstalled as well which fixed everything. There are couple of things that i need your assistance on.
    1. In the demo there are only three names however i have approx 20 guys working and all of them rotate between weekdays (mon - thurs) and weekends(fri -sun). regardless of how many more guys i add to the table i always 3 of the same guys in the report, usually id 1,2 & 3. How can I add more and rotate them between weekdays and weekend?
    2. Red & Blue are fine can i change the green to purple?

I would like to select 3 names and 3 standby types(Blue,red,purple) for weekdays and weekend and names can be the same and or different.
    Thanks again for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by ranjah
    1. In the demo there are only three names however i have approx 20 guys working and all of them rotate between weekdays (mon - thurs) and weekends(fri -sun). regardless of how many more guys i add to the table i always 3 of the same guys in the report, usually id 1,2 & 3. How can I add more and rotate them between weekdays and weekend?
    2. Red & Blue are fine can i change the green to purple?

I would like to select 3 names and 3 standby types(Blue,red,purple) for weekdays and weekend and names can be the same and or different.
    Thanks again for all your help
    1. To add name you will need a form to input the names into a table. In the demo version the table tbl_staff was just a table to store some sample data.
    You will need a form to add the date, name and standby type to a table.

2. You can change Green to Purple if you know the number for Purple then change Const color_green = 65408 to Const color_purple = the number for purple and also replace color_green with color_purple.