Unanswered: SQL2038N A database system error "-5130" occurred during processing

We are restoring one db to another db and we get:
    SQL2038N A database system error "-5130" occurred during processing.

I found a SQL2038N which says "Examine the error code in the message for more information" but can not find description of system error code -5130 anywhere (neither in pdf docs, nor in v8.2 Information Center on-line).

Please advise

Happy New Year everyone!
    Last edited by MarkhamDBA; 12-31-08 at 17:16.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 11
    the error is sql5130n
    can not reset a db cfg parameter
    have seen other posts with same message and one indicated
    ..In short, I was trying to restore a 64bit backup into a 32bit environment.
    maybe also for your case...
    have a look at diag log to see the error
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi,

You can probably bypass this error by manually creating a db, set the db cfg parameters and then restore into the db.

Hopefully, that should resolve your issue.

Thanks
    Ravee

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy
    the error is sql5130n
    can not reset a db cfg parameter
    have seen other posts with same message and one indicated
    ..In short, I was trying to restore a 64bit backup into a 32bit environment.
    maybe also for your case...
    have a look at diag log to see the error
    You are right - this is our case (restoring a 64bit backup into a 32bit). Nothing would say that this is where the problem is.

Another thing - documentation says that we CAN do this:
    You can restore databases created on DB2 Version 8 AIX, HP-UX, or the Solaris Operating Environment 9 platforms, in 32-bit or 64-bit, to DB2 Version 8 AIX, HP-UX, or Solaris Operating Environment platforms 9 (32-bit or 64-bit).
    Last edited by MarkhamDBA; 01-02-09 at 09:54.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 1
    Acceptable value ranges of some DBM and DB parameters in 64-bit instances differ from those in 32-bit instances. For example, maximum PKGCASHESIZE is 128000 pages in a 32-bit database and 512K pages in a 64-bit database.

The restore attempts to set those DB parameters in the target database to the source values and fails. I believe MarcusA on this board had a similar issue a while back; not sure if he was able to resolve it.

I'm thinking that may be if you create an empty target database first and perform individual tablespace restore it will not attempt to overwrite the database configuration parameters.
    Last edited by n_i; 01-02-09 at 11:46.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I believe that I updated the db cfg after the restore command, but before the rollforward, and then the rollforward worked. My problem had something to do with one of the path statements (log, archive, etc).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390