Unanswered: DB2 9.5 fp3 CATALOG TABLES -Sysviews

Post migration steps of FP3, ie db2updv95 -d dbname -a -h not fixing the catalog tables. In my case (on Windows) Sysviews tables (Text, Func columns) got updated with some SQL error 423 "Locator variable does not currently represent any value" during the migration to FP3.

I have migrated from FP2 to FP3. Folks do you see any thing i missed out during my migration.
    bs

On DB2 Windows (not sure about Linux/UNIX) I believe that the program is automatically run for you during fixpack install and instance update. You should not be running the program with the -a option, since that is forcing the changes to be made even if they were previously made for you (or if you previously ran the update program).

Here is the usage note:

"Thus, if the command [db2updv95] is issued more than once, no errors are reported and each of the system catalog updates is applied only once. However, if you wish to forcefully reapply all of the updates, you may do so by appending the -a parameter."

So maybe if you forcefully try to reapply the changes and the changes have already been made, then perhaps you get an error. Run it again without the -a option. Don't use the -h option either unless you only want to see the help info (and not run the program).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks Marcus for the reply. Well, i did not run the db2updv95 initially. After checking the catalog tables, i had to try this utility.
    Also forgot to mention that i have run this with out -a and -h options. Same result or no change. Can not get any other clue hence posted on this forum.
    bs

I ran it on my DB2 Linux upgrade from FP2 to FP3 and did not have any problems. I assume you know that it cannot be applied to DB2 Express-C. I guess you will have to contact IBM support.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390