Question Unanswered: How to fetch Database related information in HP-UX

Hi every one, can any one tell me how to fetch information regarding following on HP-UX or AIX OS:

1. ODBC Data Sources its server name, description, driver, host, database.

2. Database Servers: server name and version

3. Databases installed their name, collation, users, size, filepath, transize, tranfilepath, servername, options.

Is there any file that I can read or any command that I can fire.

The problem is i am given a job to run a script and fetch database information (and all above mentioned fields). I basicaly belong to C programing and shell scripting. so dont have any idea of database.

can any one plese tell where or how to find mysql, DB2, informix, sybase etc information on HP-UX.

Thanks and Regards.

Kunal

Quote Originally Posted by in_kunal
    The problem is i am given a job to run a script and fetch database information (and all above mentioned fields).
    Do you have to run an existing script or create a new script????

Moreover are you suggesting that you have multiple dbs on same server or multiple dbs on separate server???? If its the later then your job has just become more difficult....

Different databases will have different commands to get server / db info.... if you want a AIO command then maybe you'll have to identify the same via system processes which is highly improbable
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

I have to develop a script which can get information about databases, database server installed etc. The server will be probably unknown. So just having access as a root user not a dba login. Is it possible to install 2 or more database server on a same machine?

Thanks and Regards