Question Unanswered: SSIS Import of Hex data from mainframe

I am importing a basic flat file from our mainframe with SSIS SQL 2005 , real simple task I thought , (2) fields a key and some data. Problem occurred with the data field it turns out to be in binary (packed) format from the mainframe and when I get it to my SQL staging table all our blank or NULL. I have tried several different data types but haven't not figured it out.

Anybody know the secret ??

I had same issue and found a way to resolve. Please check link http://www.sqlvillage.com/how_to_wri...racter_hex.htm it has step by step detail.

What ktmohan said!

Also, you may want to write a script to pre-process the file into a true flat file and then pass it to Data Flow.

This will be much efficient way especially when the file is quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCopley View Post
    I am importing a basic flat file from our mainframe with SSIS SQL 2005 , real simple task I thought , (2) fields a key and some data. Problem occurred with the data field it turns out to be in binary (packed) format from the mainframe and when I get it to my SQL staging table all our blank or NULL. I have tried several different data types but haven't not figured it out.

Anybody know the secret ??

I get fixed format files with packed decimal fields from Pershing, in addition to the 2 record types in one file (A and B record), a real PIA to work with.

it is useful in this place
    i will often go to this area

just great

Chat with me, you can add my MSN: jfdsw@live.cn

Nike Sport shoes UGG Lv Gucci Prada??>>www.53sport.Com