Unanswered: sql book recommendation

Hello,
    I'm looking for a sql book which gets into advanced queries, the book doesn't have to deal with programming aspects but sql only, based on examples is preferred.

thanks for any recommendations

i hope no one will think unkindly if i mention my own book which just came out

it starts out with basic SQL but does include some more advanced stuff near the end

it's in my sig
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I'm looking for a book which deals with tough and advanced queries...
    you have seen my posts, right? will your book help me understand this kind of questions ?
    how long the delivery will take? i need it as quickly as possible and I'll pay more for quick delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by khdani
    you have seen my posts, right? will your book help me understand this kind of questions ?
    yes, and yes
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Provided Answers: 10
    Rudy's book is available from Amazon, so the postage is as quick as they are
    George
    Home | Blog

Joe Celko's "SQL for Smarties" and "SQL Puzzles and Answers" (Morgan Kaufmann) are pretty unbeatable for the sheer range of examples.

Vadim Tropashko's book "SQL Design Patterns" (Rampant Books) also has some very clever stuff - especially if you like maths problems.

Joe mostly sticks to ANSI / ISO SQL whereas Tropashko concentrates on Oracle.

Just ordered your book, Rudy.

SQL Cookbook, by Anthony Molinaro (2005, O'Reilly, ISBN 0-596-00976-3)) is pretty good. Almost 600 pages, beginning with the simple, and working its way to the quite complex, and it covers DB2 v8, Oracle 10g (with workarounds for 8i & 9i as well,) PostgreSQL 8, SQL Server 2005 & MySQL v5.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

another vote for SQL For Smarties by Joe Celko

rather than being about basic or intermediate SQL, it starts out advanced and goes up from there

srsly, it's great, and if there's one thing joe has, it's plenty of complex examples

on second thought, khdani, mine's not advanced enough for what you're looking for
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca