Unanswered: Connect to SQL Server 2005 from SQL Server 2000

I have SQL Server 2000 running on my personal workstation computer (here at the UW). I want to connect to SQL Server 2005 at the UW's Main SQL Server they house there to transfer some data from SQL Server 2005 to the SQL Server 2000 on my workstation (via DTS).

Problem is that the UW's SQL Server cannot recognize Novell's logins so the only way I can currently connect to that server is via remote desktop.

Is it also possible to connect to SQL Server 2005 from SQL Server 2000?

If so, are there any suggestions on how I can work around the issue of the UW's SQL Server not being able to recognize Novell user logins?

If this isn't possible, I'm thinking I could create a DTS package on the UW's SQL Server computer to export out the needed tables to a shared drive and then do a DTS package on my workstation SQL Server to import the tables from the shared drive.

I have full admin rights to both SQL Servers and currently connect to the UW's SQL Server via remote desktop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Is your desktop is in link with the main server SQL server 2005 , Is both the servers connected via network . DTS export , Import wizard should . Or both SQL server 2000 and 2005 server lies in your desktop ?

If both the servers are at different location and connected via network , create a Os level id and grant sysadmin privileges other wise use "SA" id to transfer data using export/Import wizard . Check the TCP/IP port numbers and create a alias in both the server pointing to others with appropriate port

Thanks for the reply Rajganesh! I used MSAccess (that my app runs under) as a "gateway" to transfer the data between the 2 SQL Servers. Don't know why I didn't think of this first without having to consider doing all the other work above.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)