Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17

    AOA Diagram - Very Difficult! Please HELP!

    I'm trying to draw this diagram, but I think it's so difficult.. please help..

    Attachment 9117

    i hope you can help me..
    Last edited by jan_andrada; 01-14-09 at 21:37.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_andrada
    I'm trying to draw this diagram, but I think it's so difficult.. please help.
    Handing your homework to us, and then asking us to do it for you, does you no favours at all. The diagram appears completely meaningless to me (and I suspect most others). Is it database related?

    Why not try and do a bit of the work yourself and then ask for comments.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    What does AOA stand for??
    George
    Home | Blog

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    What does AOA stand for??
    AOA - activity on arrow..

    i have tried to solve it, but it seems my drawing is wrong..

    some link about AOA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    im not handing my homework to you! and it's not my homework.. i just want to know how to solve it..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    12,592
    Why are you asking a database forum for help on a project management task?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

    blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Why are you asking a database forum for help on a project management task?
    coz it's related.. can't you see the relation??????????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,527
    im not handing my homework to you! and it's not my homework
    Yeah right

    i just want to know how to solve it.
    Imagine the letters (nodes) as subtasks in a larger project. Some tasks need to be done before others.

    Start with a node that has no predecessors - I'll give you a hint here it's A.

    Find all the nodes that are solely dependant on the nodes you've put down so far ie B and link them up.

    Repeat this process until you run out of nodes then stop. I'll give another hint - the last one is L.

    To get bonus marks you could work out how long the whole task will take assuming subtasks can be done in parallel.

    It took me 2 mins to scan your link and complete your coursework yet you go to the lectures (I assume) and seem to be thrown. It may be worth taking a long hard look at whatever subject you are studying and deciding whether it's for you. On the positive side, if it's project management your studying, then at least you've worked out the main point is to get others to do the work for you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    12,592
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_andrada
    coz it's related.. can't you see the relation??????????
    Because its related? What are you going to ask about next...genealogy?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

    blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite
    Yeah right


    Imagine the letters (nodes) as subtasks in a larger project. Some tasks need to be done before others.

    Start with a node that has no predecessors - I'll give you a hint here it's A.

    Find all the nodes that are solely dependant on the nodes you've put down so far ie B and link them up.

    Repeat this process until you run out of nodes then stop. I'll give another hint - the last one is L.

    To get bonus marks you could work out how long the whole task will take assuming subtasks can be done in parallel.

    It took me 2 mins to scan your link and complete your coursework yet you go to the lectures (I assume) and seem to be thrown. It may be worth taking a long hard look at whatever subject you are studying and deciding whether it's for you. On the positive side, if it's project management your studying, then at least you've worked out the main point is to get others to do the work for you
    thanks for your reply...

    by the way, it's not really my homework or anything else, i'm just curious about it, and i know someday it would be useful for me when i'm on project management.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Because its related? What are you going to ask about next...genealogy?
    you are REALLY blind!

    but i have no time arguing w/ u..

    if you can't help just shut up..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,434
    Careful with your responses to our contributers, Jan.



    I agree with blindman; this question doesn't actually have anything to do with databases.
    George
    Home | Blog

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    12,592
    I'm too busy right now to bother helping him look foolish. He'll just have to continue on his own.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

    blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    12,592
    ...but I can't resist this...
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_andrada
    im not handing my homework to you! and it's not my homework.. i just want to know how to solve it..
    Oh really?

    http://www.dbforums.com/newreply.php...eply&p=6348662
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_andrada
    I'm an IT student and I am now taking Database Systems subject. I decided to join this forum because I know it can help me and if I have some problems I can ask help here..

    I hope you can help me guys here...

    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

    blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •