Question Unanswered: PSQL - ACCPAC Security

ACCPAC v 5.4, PSQL v 9.5
    Requirement is - to enable security to restrict access to database through PCC. User should only be able to access the data through the application, i.e. ACCPAC.
    I've enabled security, saved the master password in client and user can successfully use ACCPAC, when tried to access the data through PCC they are prompted for usename & password but when it comes to reports, there ends the dream run! The same old error - canot access database. Any clues?

Provided Answers: 4
    What is the exact error are you seeing? Also, what "reports" are you running when the error occurs? It's very possible that the reports are using ODBC. When you enable database security, ODBC access is impacted by that. The application (reports) would need to pass the username/password on connection.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

PSQL - Accpac security

cannot access database (113)
    I'm trying on a standalone deployement as it was pretty difficult for me to turn the security off in the client/server environment.
    All I need is to restrict access to the database thru PSQL control center by using a password. the whole database, not table by table.
    Can anyone be of assistance pls?

Provided Answers: 4
    That error does not seem to be a Pervasive error. The Pervasive error 113 is:
    113: The MicroKernel cannot find the archival log for the specified file.
    The problem is that if you secure the database, the application needs to be changed so that it knows about the database security. If the application (Accpac in this case) doesn't know about the security, it can't login and won't work.
    You should talk to Accpac to find out if they are going to support database security.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.

same thing with our accpac application. accpac people can help with this