Unanswered: How to cache SQL query results

Is there anything equivalent in Microsoft SQL Server like SQL_CACHE in
    Mysql.

I know tha Sql server driver will cache the results is there anyway i can specify in the query.

Thanks in advance
    Kiran
    Last edited by kirandarisi; 01-15-09 at 14:55.

Buffer cache is used automatically in SQL Server. You don't need to do anything special to take advantage of it.

thanks for your reply.

Is there anyway i can add something to increase the performance as the table i am querying will not be updated result set will be the same all the time.

Kiran

How about an index? Have you taken a look at the execution plan to see what indexes may be helpful? If you aren't familiar with analysing query plans yourself then you can try the Database Tuning Advisor (tools menu in Management Studio).

look at indexes first. depending on the size of the table, it might be a candidate for pinning it in memory. Look at DBCC PINTABLE in SQL BOL.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott
    Look at DBCC PINTABLE in SQL BOL.
    Don't bother. PINTABLE is deprecated and does nothing in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008. The statement will appear to execute purely for backwards compatibility reasons but it has absolutely no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by dportas
    Don't bother. PINTABLE is deprecated and does nothing in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008. The statement will appear to execute purely for backwards compatibility reasons but it has absolutely no effect.
    D'oh...if I had read the MS documentation a little more closely, I would have seen that. I've never used it myself.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?