Thread: weird problem

Unanswered: weird problem

Hi,

when i open control center and see tables i see 120 tables where are there are 600 tables.but if i do list tables from command line it shows me all the tables ...why is it not showing all the 600 tables in control center .. i have tried with 5 different machines ,,

is it something to do with binding ? just a guess i am making

The Control Center may have a filter on it that limits the display to a certain schema or other filter.

Right click on Table, and select Filter to see if any existing filters exist.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

i havent set any filter ....there is no filter i have checked from 5 different machines ..

i havent set any filter ....there is no filter i have checked from 5 different machines ..

When you used the "List Tables" command, did you look at the output column called "Type"? The List Tables command will return Tables and Views (and other types) from the syscat.tables view. The Control Center only lists real tables if you select the Table list.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

yes i have written a query
    select * syscat.tables where tabschema='DSEDW' and type ='t'

i can even do a select count(*) from tables which are not visible in control center ...and it gave me a result as well