Unanswered: Mirating job from 2000 to 2005

Hi,

I am doing a server migration from 2000 to 2005, and in the process of migrating the jobs. The problem I am having is when I try to create the same job, with the same job_id as 2000, 2005 won't allow me to do this, it saying
    "Error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job (or its steps or schedules) that originated from an MSX server. The job was not saved". But does allow me to create a maintenance plan with the same plan_id as 2000.

Does anyone know how I can create a job with a specific job_id. Note 2005 currently has no job, user stored procedure, function, etc, its a freshly installed server. Or doesn't it matter if the job_id or plan_id is different when you are migrating them to a new server?

Thanks.

Migration in Same server (i mean same box) or different box ? If different box job names of the servers are different , then scripted job might have different names embed in that which might create a problem . Put select @@servername to check this

I'm not sure how you're performing this migration, but I can't think of a reason that the job_id or plan_id would need to be the same when creating a new job. (It is, after all, a NEW job.)

If you are renaming a server or somehow changing server names as part of this process, (Did you migrate msdb?), then the originating_server_id for the job on the 2005 server may be incorrect. You would need to update that in msdb.dbo.sysjobs with the new server ID, which is probably '0'.
    David Maxwell
    Data Integrity? Yeah, I've heard of that...

I am migrating to a new box with SQL Server 2005, I tried to create a simple job in Management Studio.

exec msdb.dbo.sp_add_job @job_id = 'E343FF24-5A75-4D22-8E23-3452E278E27A' , @job_name = 'Temp'

But the same error occurs

Msg 14274, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_add_job, Line 132
    Cannot add, update, or delete a job (or its steps or schedules) that originated from an MSX server

But when I run the following, the job is created

exec msdb.dbo.sp_add_job @job_name = 'Temp'

Are you even allow to create a job with a specific job_id?