Washington DC area

Cool Sr. and Jr. Oracle DBA and needed in Charlotte, NC

Sr. and Jr. Oracle DBA and needed in Charlotte, NC .....please refer ($$) if you can - thanks!!

Job Number: CHAC7725
    position - Jr level DBA
    Start By: 1/12/09
    Why open - volume of work
    Budgeted - yes
    Hiring - phone, f2f
    Reqd skills - SQL Server, Oracle, RDB platform exp from an engineering and operational standpoint. Exp reviewing DB documentation and performing/setting deployment releases. will document these. This group supports 233 apps. Involved in installation and configuration of the product databases. Must have this experience for this operational/support position.
    Will develop and support detailing hardware and system designs, supports implementation of the physical structures according to design specifications (builds it). May help determine business unit or technical needs for db relations, new installations and upgrades; participates in the creation of detailed components, services and configuration specifications and define associated costs.

Desired - DB2
    Length of Assignment - 6 months- could go longer
    Location - university area of Charlotte, NC
    Mgr consideration - new manager - wants the best fit possible

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

Job Number: CHAC7718
    Position - Oracle DBA

Start date - 1/12

Why open - replacement for fte who left

Budgeted - Yes

Hiring process - phone interview

Reqd skills - Seeking an experienced Oracle DBA who specializes in tuning Oracle 10g databases and SQL code in an Oracle Applications 11i environment running on a UNIX platform. Must have recent proven experience managing and maintaining all components of the Oracle Applications environment including the concurrent manager, Apache, workflow mailer, forms and mobile server. Previous experience upgrading 9i databases to 10g required. Experienced writing and maintaining Unix and PL/SQL code. **Must be strong in Oracle applications or Oracle financials***

The successful candidate should be a proven problem solver and a team player who can function on their own or with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Needs the ability to mentor Junior Level DBAs. Previous experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC, Oracle Applications 12i, or performing SQL Server 2000 to 2005 Upgrades are a plus.

Database Responsibilities are: Database backup and recovery, implementation and support of

database standards and compliance items, proactive monitoring, installation of DBMS software and maintenance, database performance and tuning including recommending indexing strategies and identifying data compression opportunities, development support through the life cycle of applications, capacity planning, database security, and providing production and on call support.

Application Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to: automating manual processes, doing clones, database and

application patch analysis and installation, doing application and or database upgrades, identifying, researching and fixing

application related issues, researching, documenting, and implementing new functionality.

Desired skills - Previous exp w 10g/11g RAC

Length - 6 month extendable contract assignment

Location - university area of Charlotte, NC

Manager consideration= outstanding

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

Special Note:

About the Jr and Oracle DBA Position

Hi i would like to apply for that position please let me know if the position is still open

i am oracle certified professional
    i have green card

My email id is

i would be appreciate if you give me reply

thank you for your time

Washington DC area

Cool Yes, The position is still available.

Please send me a copy of your resume in Word ASAP. I look forward to working with you. Please tell me the rate your shooting for and your H1 status.